Writer's Blog

Monday, April 04, 2005

Talk About Rude

Have you heard of the Ten Commandments of Cell Phone Etiquette? Well, this guy violated at least 5 of the 10 commandments. I do believe an intervention is warranted.

So I’m cutting this guys hair the other day at Great Clips, and all of a sudden I hear this very LOUD synthesized jingle that sounded vaguely familiar. Okay, just an aside, why is it necessary to have the ringer on your cell phone be so loud that the sound measures "off the charts" on the decibel scale? Anyway, as I’m trying to put my finger on where I’ve heard that tune before, I realized ah yes, it’s the theme song from Sanford and Son, (I loved that show by the way). Well, this loud tune was blaring from the dudes cell phone. He proceeds to fidget in the chair and contort his body every which way to hunt down the phone. He finds in under the cutting cape, jammed deep in the side pocket of his pants. He pulls out the phone, and I’m thinking, he better not answer it while he’s getting his haircut, HELLO! I mean talk about rude. Well, pretty much, he answers and then proceeds to talk to the person on the other end. So I’m standing there, waiting for him to finish so I can get back to the task at hand, it’s very hard to cut some ones hair when they have a cell phone stuck to their ear. He finally ends the conversation by saying, “I gotta go, I’m getting my hair cut.” Oh, re-heal-ly, so kind of him to notice. Perhaps he saw my annoyed stares in the mirror. At least he gave me a good tip, if not, I would have shoved that cell phone up his you know what. Okay, so I’m being sarcastic, but seriously folks, show some respect, don’t subject those around you with the rudeness of you yapping on your cell phone, especially when doing things like, “GETTING YOUR HAIRCUT.” If you need to have the cell phone on, because it makes you feel good to know that people are trying to contact you, two words, "manner mode."

2 Comments:

  • Why do some people talk louder in there cell phones, then person to person

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 PM  

  • You should have charged him extra for the time you had to politely stand there. Some people!

    By Blogger Heather, at 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home