Writer's Blog

Monday, March 21, 2005

And The Award Goes To…

For all of you self-important, misguided, loony, liberals who just want to have your voices heard, Writer’s Blog is listening. We feel your pain; we understand your need to feel important, almost god-like. We know your deep seeded desire is to change people’s mind with your outrageous, off-the-wall, ill-informed comments and behavior. We know that you want to be taken “seriously.” Well, your efforts will not go unnoticed. We are going to reward you for perfecting the art of utter idiocy. The voting members of Writers Blog, (Mike and Dana) will give away lovely awards to the very deserving folks who say stupid crap. Tinseltown has the “Oscar,” television has the “Emmy,” the music industry has the “Grammy,” and Writer’s Blog has the “Idiot.” Yes, this wonderful rotund statue of your favorite liberal can be yours when we here at Writer’s Blog feel that your comments or behavior are worthy of us saying, “What an Idiot!” The inspiration for the “Idiot” award came from Mr. angry man himself, Bill Maher. Now, if you don’t know who Bill Maher is, he was a comedian (who in my opinion wasn’t very funny, I found him to be pretty hostile toward Christians and overall very angry), turned political commentator and now host of his own political show called Realtime With Bill Maher. I don’t watch the show, because I don’t have cable, however, you can access the transcript of his show via his website, (reading the transcript is probably the only reasonable way to view his show). So, anyway, on Friday’s show Maher is talking to the governor of Alaska about how he (Maher) is a member of PETA, and begins to trash the Iditarod, as he sees it as cruelty to animals, therefore he thinks Alaska should ditch the Iditarod on the basis that the race promotes being cruel to the sled-dogs. Okay, whatever, he’s a moron. So, anyway, his lunacy doesn’t stop there, he goes on to talk about the Terri Schiavo case with his panel of guests; he proceeds to take the side of letting Terri die. Okay, I don’t agree with him but he’s entitled to his opinion. Well, since Maher has no class, he goes on to make very tasteless remarks about this women’s condition as a way to draw laughter from the audience. But it doesn’t stop there, and this is where he becomes the first recipient of the “Idiot” award. Maher, in his pathetic attempt to make a relevant point says, “I never understand why, the people who are most religious are most reluctant to meet God.” His comment is so beyond the pale, I don’t understand how he has his own show. I mean c’mon, he’s whining about how horrible sled-dogs are treated when they race in the Iditarod (which isn’t even true), but yet makes flip, rude, tasteless, insensitive comments about a vulnerable woman who is in the fight of her life right now. What an IDIOT! So you're for the ethical treatment of animals, but what about HUMAN BEINGS Bill?!?! Congratulations Bill on being the first idiot to take home this very important, highly covetous award. I’m looking forward to giving away these awards to future recipients. Retro “Idiots” will be given to people like, former president Bill, “I did not have…oh, you know what he said,” Clinton. Also, OJ, “I’m looking for the real killer,” Simpson. And everybody’s favorite newsman, Dan, “I didn’t know these were fake documents,” Rather. Yeah, total idiots.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home