Writer's Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2005

M diddy???

Perhaps I could offer up a reasonable explanation as to why the domestic diva delivered disappointing ratings with her new show. Martha, those of us who love you, like your insights on how to properly fold fitted sheets, or how to transform an olive oil bottle into a liquid soap dispenser (I have mine sitting on the back of my kitchen sink). But come on, “rapping” with P Diddy, was not your finest moment. It did nothing to raise your “cool” factor. Honestly it was awkward and painful to listen to. Now I’m sure it was all an attempt to reach a much broader audience base, one that includes young hip twentysomethings or thirtysomethings, but seriously, you are not the Missy Elliot of the domestic world. Rapping Martha, is not a “good thing.”

2 Comments:

  • I too missed seeing her on television teaching all of us about the art of using phyllo dough, or how to make your own wrapping paper. Only Martha knows about those types of things and some of her insights are very applicable :o)

    On a nursing note, Dana, I'm feeling very overwhelmed! YIKES!!!

    By Blogger Dana, at 2:46 PM  

  • Just got a new Idea, Martha for President and The Donald for Vice Pres.
    When she has the other countries over for meetings and parties at a high level about world Pease??
    She could put together, a party bags full of goodies stuff??
    there could be meeting on what there should be in the bags!
    one could be a camera to record the viloance and hungrey in there own country?

    please feel free to add to this list
    they will need a lot of suggestion from us

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home