Writer's Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Petrified Hands

So, we’ve been tiling our upstairs bathroom for quite some time now. This project has been going on for several weeks. I have a whole new respect for all those hard working souls who do this for a living. Mike has been in charge of doing most of the tile cutting because I’m nervous to use the tile cutter, as I feel I would have a severe mishap with the tool and cut off all of my fingers. What is it with this fear I have of losing my appendages? Anyway, that leaves me to do the mortar and grout work. Now, this stuff is a powder fine mixture of sand and junk that sucks ALL the moisture out of your skin. There really is no difference now between my hands and 60-grit sandpaper. I don’t even think soaking my hands in a vat of Crisco will bring the elasticity back to my skin. I’m convinced that the mortar and grout mixture has removed all traces of my fingerprints. Yikes! And we still aren’t done with the tiling. I guess hand modeling is no longer in my future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home