Writer's Blog

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Don’t Hate Me Because I’m Beautiful

I just got done watching the Apprentice tonight. It was an okay episode, in which Audrey had a serious MELTDOWN. She is the youngest apprentice on her team, and most of her teammates have no respect for her. Audrey was pretty much beside herself when her teammates basically called her out at last weeks boardroom. She proceeded to explain how hard she’s had to work to get to where she’s at. At one point in the show, she’s getting all dramatic and wailing to her other teammates about how other girls hated her because she was so beautiful, pahlease! Who says that kind of crap? Anyway, yeah, as she’s pleading her case, that she is indeed a strong contender, she tells her male teammates that, “when I was younger, other girls hated me because I’m sooooo beautiful, I just wanted to scar my face, because I was so beautiful.” Okay, I’m back; I just had to go vomit! First of all, if you have to tell everyone how beautiful you are, perhaps you have security issues. There’s no doubt that she is attractive, but c’mon, she’s no Penelope Cruz or Nicole Kidman. I think she was trying to make the point that she’s more than just a pretty face, but then, when Trump fired her, she’s gloating about how Trump thought she was beautiful. Gee, I don’t know how her teammates could have ever gotten the impression that she’s immature. Her meltdown was captured on national television, and quite frankly, it was pretty embarrassing.

1 Comments:

  • Man! I just can't handle the trauma of these divas. First it was Brad & Jennifer, then this week it was Aloha on American Idol (seriously, what are pepole thinking) and now this. I just can't make sense of my life anymore. All kidding aside, this was truly a pathetic display. I'm glad I missed it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home