Tag--I'm it! (tagged by Heather)
10 years ago I was:
1) 24...man I'm getting old
2) Taking some random classes at Lakewood Comm. College (now Century)
3) living in a group home where I watched Mike and his staff get pummeled by the residents
4) Afraid to go upstairs of said group home for fear of getting bitten
5) Thinking I'm not cut out to work with people who have aggressive behaviors.
5 years ago I was:
1) 29
2) dreading turning 30
3) dreading turning 30
4) dreading turning 30
5) did I mention, dreading turning 30
1 year ago I was:
1) 33...what an odd age
2) Taking classes at North Hennepin Comm. College hoping to get into their nursing program. (I'm in YEAH!)
3) Thoroughly enjoying my kids, as I do every day! :o)
4) In a great small group at church
5) Wondering why I didn't go to nursing school much sooner.
Yesterday I:
1) Went to church
2) Studied
3) Went to our first small group meeting at the Hanson's.
4) Stayed up until midnight talking with Mike.
5) Thought about doing the laundry but didn't.
5 snacks I enjoy:
1) Chocolate chip malt, just had one the other day.
2) Baked lays potato chips, like I could eat the entire bag!
3) M&M blizzard
4) Totinos pizza rolls, like I could eat the entire bag! (okay, so I struggle with self control in the food department)
5) Chips and salsa (especially from Chilis, to die for!)
5 songs I know all the words to:
1) 50 Nifty United States...
2) The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
3) Anything from Grease, I actually memorized the entire movie and recited it in the car during a family trip to the Black Hills, drove my parents NUTS!
4) Most Christmas songs, I love Christmas music!
5) The Star-Spangled Banner
5 things I would do with 100 million dollars:
1) Give a portion to our church
2) Support our friends who are in full time ministry (Johnson's, Parmalee's, Anonby's, Mathew's)
3) Pay off our debt and my parents debt
4) Give my mom and dad a huge chunk, so mom wouldn't have to keep working just to pay for their health insurance
5) Buy a decent pair of jeans
5 places I would run away to:
1) Anywhere my kids are
2) Anywhere Mike is
3) The bathroom, ALONE! (where there is not a child on the other side of the door pounding and calling your name while you're trying to take care of business.)
4) Lax Lake
5) Our packed mini-van with Mike and the kids heading for some travel destination! (I love road trips)
5 things I will NEVER wear:
1) stilletos
2) black nail polish
3) nose ring
4) Vote or Die t-shirt (sorry puffy or diddy or whatever your name is)
5) A thong, can't do the butt floss. I'm with you on that one Heather.
5 favorite TV shows:
1) The Apprentice
2) Facts of Life
3) Trading Spaces
4) 30-minute meals (I love Rachel Ray!)
5) Martha... I can't help it, she's addicting! Prison did wonders for her pocketbook!
5 bad habits:
1) forgetting to water the plants
2) not finishing projects that I start
3) waiting way too long to hook up with friends
4) not leaving the mail in one spot (annoys the hubby)
5) cleaning only when company comes over (again, annoys the hubby)
5 biggest joys:
1) My relationship with the Lord
2) Mike
3) My adorable kids
4) Living in this great country
5) Friendships
5 people I tag to do this:
1) Mike
2) Dana M.
3) My sis
4) Jen
5) Misty
1) 24...man I'm getting old
2) Taking some random classes at Lakewood Comm. College (now Century)
3) living in a group home where I watched Mike and his staff get pummeled by the residents
4) Afraid to go upstairs of said group home for fear of getting bitten
5) Thinking I'm not cut out to work with people who have aggressive behaviors.
5 years ago I was:
1) 29
2) dreading turning 30
3) dreading turning 30
4) dreading turning 30
5) did I mention, dreading turning 30
1 year ago I was:
1) 33...what an odd age
2) Taking classes at North Hennepin Comm. College hoping to get into their nursing program. (I'm in YEAH!)
3) Thoroughly enjoying my kids, as I do every day! :o)
4) In a great small group at church
5) Wondering why I didn't go to nursing school much sooner.
Yesterday I:
1) Went to church
2) Studied
3) Went to our first small group meeting at the Hanson's.
4) Stayed up until midnight talking with Mike.
5) Thought about doing the laundry but didn't.
5 snacks I enjoy:
1) Chocolate chip malt, just had one the other day.
2) Baked lays potato chips, like I could eat the entire bag!
3) M&M blizzard
4) Totinos pizza rolls, like I could eat the entire bag! (okay, so I struggle with self control in the food department)
5) Chips and salsa (especially from Chilis, to die for!)
5 songs I know all the words to:
1) 50 Nifty United States...
2) The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything
3) Anything from Grease, I actually memorized the entire movie and recited it in the car during a family trip to the Black Hills, drove my parents NUTS!
4) Most Christmas songs, I love Christmas music!
5) The Star-Spangled Banner
5 things I would do with 100 million dollars:
1) Give a portion to our church
2) Support our friends who are in full time ministry (Johnson's, Parmalee's, Anonby's, Mathew's)
3) Pay off our debt and my parents debt
4) Give my mom and dad a huge chunk, so mom wouldn't have to keep working just to pay for their health insurance
5) Buy a decent pair of jeans
5 places I would run away to:
1) Anywhere my kids are
2) Anywhere Mike is
3) The bathroom, ALONE! (where there is not a child on the other side of the door pounding and calling your name while you're trying to take care of business.)
4) Lax Lake
5) Our packed mini-van with Mike and the kids heading for some travel destination! (I love road trips)
5 things I will NEVER wear:
1) stilletos
2) black nail polish
3) nose ring
4) Vote or Die t-shirt (sorry puffy or diddy or whatever your name is)
5) A thong, can't do the butt floss. I'm with you on that one Heather.
5 favorite TV shows:
1) The Apprentice
2) Facts of Life
3) Trading Spaces
4) 30-minute meals (I love Rachel Ray!)
5) Martha... I can't help it, she's addicting! Prison did wonders for her pocketbook!
5 bad habits:
1) forgetting to water the plants
2) not finishing projects that I start
3) waiting way too long to hook up with friends
4) not leaving the mail in one spot (annoys the hubby)
5) cleaning only when company comes over (again, annoys the hubby)
5 biggest joys:
1) My relationship with the Lord
2) Mike
3) My adorable kids
4) Living in this great country
5) Friendships
5 people I tag to do this:
1) Mike
2) Dana M.
3) My sis
4) Jen
5) Misty

4 Comments:
Tag--I am it! (tagged by Dana!)
10 years ago I was:
Taking care of my little baby girl, Alyssa. She was born 3 months premature in May of 1995. She was/is a cutie!
5 years ago I was:
Living in Sioux Falls with my kids and Brandon! :-)
1 year ago I was:
Enjoying my family, going to school (waiting to get into the nursing program also...) and working!
Yesterday I:
Worked all day, went to class and then studied.
5 snacks I enjoy:
oh yes - Chips-n-Salsa at Chilis!!
chocolate of course
ice cream cone from DQ
crackers & cheese
granola bars
5 songs I know all th words to:
Wheels on the Bus
Jesus Loves Me
Christmas songs...
ABCs
Boom chicka Boom
5 things I would do with $100 million dollars:
*Give a huge chunk to Children's Hospital Minneapolis
*Give a huge chunk to Children's Heart Clinic
*Give a big chunk to my Church in Elk River.
*Give a bunch to my parents and siblings.
*Set everything up so my kids would be set for life.
5 places I would run away to:
*Florida and take the kids to Walt Disney World whenever they wanted.
*A secluded beach in the Caribbean with Brandon
*A cozy cabin with Brandon & kids
*Fargo to visit my family
*The mall... haha.... have to get my shopping in sometime!
5 things I would NEVER wear:
Lace
Short shorts
2" heels
black makeup
gaudy jewelry
5 favorite TV shows:
ER!!!
Friends
Sopranos
Oprah
The Price is Right
5 bad habits:
biting the sides of my nails/finger
using slang words (not swear words)
Interrupting people when I get excited
Forgetting B-days until the exact day
forgetting to clean the inside of fridge (annoys husband - lol)
5 biggest joys:
*spending time with my kids doing whatever (relaxing)
*Spending Christmas Day with just my kids and husband.
*staying home with my kids on a day off
*Taking walks with family
*Fun trips with family
5 people I tag to do this:
*Cari
Mom
Tara
Brandon
Heidi
By
Anonymous, at 9:19 AM
Misty,
I will always love you for introducing me to the awesome chips and salsa at Chilis! I'm addicted. And how about this for scary, I've actually seen people wear the very 5 things that you wouldn't as one complete outfit!
Dana,
I learn something new about you all the time, UPS driver? Who knew. Oh, and what's this about you and Kelly having a deep "family planning" talk??? What does that mean??? Spill it sister! I still can't believe I went to a Prince concert back in the day, oy vay!
By
Dana, at 7:10 PM
Ok Dana, can you believe I am responding???
10 years ago I was:
It's hard to rember that far back... Very much into my new relationship with my future husband
5 years ago I was:
Trying to have a child
1 year ago I was:
New into the nursing program and pulling out my hair
Yesterday I:
Came into school to work on a paper, went home to sleep and left for work at 10:00pm
5 snacks I enjoy:
Popcorn!
chips and salsa (especially the recipie you gave me!)
any kind of ice cream
chocolate
Popcorn!
5 songs I know all the words to:
The Star Spangled Banner
God Bless America
The Minnesota Rouser
Happy Birthday
The Brady Bunch Theme
5 things I would do with 100 million dollars:
Share it with my family
Donate to charity
Set up my child for life
RETIRE!
Travel
5 Places I would run away to
Arizona to visit my mommy
California to visity my sister
Anywhere with Jim & William
A motel for the weekend alone after finals
Anyplace warm in the winter
5 things I would NEVER wear:
a bikini (YIKES!)
a thong (DITTO)
a tattoo
high heels
too much makeup
5 favorite TV Shows:
(Who has time??)
Friends
Seinfeld
King of Queens
Yes Dear
Little House on the Prairie (older ones)
5 bad habits:
Procrastination!
Not doing laundry more often
snacking while studying
talking too loudly
talking to myself
5 biggest joys:
The day I was married
The day my son was born
having a day off with NOTHING to do
spending time with my family
passing tests!
5 people I tag to do this:
anyone
anyone
anyone
anyone
anyone
By
Anonymous, at 12:35 PM
Jen,
I can't believe what I'm reading, you responded! Good to know you still read my rants here and there. Come back more often ;o)
By
Dana, at 11:12 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home