"It's Not Fair"
You have the Harvard Crimson newspaper threatening to boycott a fellow Harvard University student’s dorm cleaning business. Why, you ask? Because, it’s not "fair" that some students can benefit from the cleaning service while others can’t due to their financial status. Oh, okay, so just because you can’t afford to have your dorm cleaned by a cleaning service, you go out and try to punish the one’s that can afford it, by trying to shut the service down? Oh, and worse yet, let’s take down the guy whose just trying to make an honest buck by boycotting his business? What a bunch of jealous morons! Get off your lazy seat warmers and clean your own mess, and if you want to pay someone to clean it for you, more power to ya! But seriously, c’mon, why dosen't the Harvard Crimson newspaper support this student, by encouraging his entrepreneurial spirit, he should be applauded for coming up with such a great business idea. I doubt he’s thinking, “oh, maybe this isn’t the right business to get into because some students here at Harvard might not be able to afford this service, and it may hurt their feelings.” To the contrary, he’s probably thinking, “man, there are a lot of slobs on campus and I have a great idea to help them get their dorms clean while making a buck or two.” I for one think his dorm cleaning business is an excellent idea, heck if I could afford it, I’d probably hire a cleaning service to clean my house. Unfortunately, I can’t afford a cleaning service, so if I take the advice from the Harvard Crimson folks, I should just boycott Merry Maids, because, after all, it’s not “fair” that others can afford to have their houses cleaned and I can’t. Give me a break, if you can afford it, why shouldn’t you be able to buy that service? These populist Harvard folks need to get a grip and stop with the class envy whining, it’s getting old.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home