Writer's Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

YAWN...

So pretty much the Golden Globes were a bore. The highlight for me was when Chris Rock and John Travolta, both mispronounced the names of their fellow actors. Chris was announcing the names from the best actress in a musical or comedy category and said ‘Laura Linley,’ rather than Laura Linney. Travolta’s little stumble was with ‘Pierce Bronson,’ rather than Pierce Brosnan. Any relation to Charles Bronson? I know, how picky right, it just makes me smile to see the look on their self-important faces when the camera pans in on them, and they have this look of, “how dare he not say my name correctly, don’t they know who I am!?!” Apparently not.

Perhaps these award shows would be more exciting for me if I actually watched some of the movies that were up for the said awards. Anyway, it did entertain me while I was on the treadmill, as nothing else was on.

I took a study break tonight and watched the season premiere of American Idol. Oh man, some of these people are terrible. Is it awful to be entertained by other people’s misfortunes? I actually kind of feel bad for some of these folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home