Garden of weeden no more...
One nice thing about having the summer off from school is that I’ve been able to work on my perennial garden. If you know anything about me, then you know that I LOVE to garden.
I started about 3 years ago, when my lovely neighbor gave me a bunch of her perennials from her beautiful garden to help me get started on my very own garden. I stuck the plants that she gave me in my disheveled “garden” area in our yard.
I wanted to have a garden that would be the envy of the neighborhood. Yeah right… as someone in my small group once said of his wife’s garden, and it was so fitting of my garden as well, I had what he referred to as the “garden of weeden.” Yes the weeds overtook my perennial haven. I needed to take care of the weed problem. I worked on my garden for 2 solid days, weeding, planting, extending, digging a 90ft trench to place the black garden edging, transplanting grass to an area in our yard where the kiddos dug halfway to China (is that even possible? Remember saying that as a kid?)
It was worth it, my garden looks great! I’ll be posting pictures soon. I’m quite proud, and the best part was that I got to spend a lot of time with my crew, Madison, Ben, and Isaac. They weeded right along with me; Maddy even re-sodded the bald, receding lawn of ours.
So anyway, it was a lot of work but it will be great to see all of the plants flowering over the summer.
Just an aside, I totally messed up my wrist, digging out the trench I’d imagine. Hope it heals… it actually hurt when I picked up my pizza the other night... (look, it was a deep dish with lots of crap on it, and that slice was fricken heavy). I’m Pathetic, I know…I did really mess it up though, don’t know what I did, but it hurts whenever I use it. Oh well, my garden looks fantastic!
And on a non-gardening note...two words..."SOUL PATROL!!" Go Taylor Hicks!!
I started about 3 years ago, when my lovely neighbor gave me a bunch of her perennials from her beautiful garden to help me get started on my very own garden. I stuck the plants that she gave me in my disheveled “garden” area in our yard.
I wanted to have a garden that would be the envy of the neighborhood. Yeah right… as someone in my small group once said of his wife’s garden, and it was so fitting of my garden as well, I had what he referred to as the “garden of weeden.” Yes the weeds overtook my perennial haven. I needed to take care of the weed problem. I worked on my garden for 2 solid days, weeding, planting, extending, digging a 90ft trench to place the black garden edging, transplanting grass to an area in our yard where the kiddos dug halfway to China (is that even possible? Remember saying that as a kid?)
It was worth it, my garden looks great! I’ll be posting pictures soon. I’m quite proud, and the best part was that I got to spend a lot of time with my crew, Madison, Ben, and Isaac. They weeded right along with me; Maddy even re-sodded the bald, receding lawn of ours.
So anyway, it was a lot of work but it will be great to see all of the plants flowering over the summer.
Just an aside, I totally messed up my wrist, digging out the trench I’d imagine. Hope it heals… it actually hurt when I picked up my pizza the other night... (look, it was a deep dish with lots of crap on it, and that slice was fricken heavy). I’m Pathetic, I know…I did really mess it up though, don’t know what I did, but it hurts whenever I use it. Oh well, my garden looks fantastic!
And on a non-gardening note...two words..."SOUL PATROL!!" Go Taylor Hicks!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home